- ACEA, AAM, EMA, and JAMA, Worldwide Fuel Charter, 4th edition, September 2006.
- ISO 4406:1999 Hydraulic fluid power – Code for defining the level of contamination of solid particles.
- ISO 16889 Hydraulic fluid power — Filters — Multipass method for evaluating filtration performance of a filter element, 1999
- ISO 19438:2003 Diesel fuel and petrol filters for internal combustion engines – Filtration efficiency using particle counting and contaminant retention capacity
- ISO/TS 13353:2002 Diesel fuel and petrol filters for internal combustion engines – Initial efficiency by particle counting
- ISO CD/23669 – 2005, Hydraulic fluid power filters – Multipass method of evaluating filtration performance of a filter element under cyclic flow conditions
- ISO4020 – Road Vehicles – Fuel Filters for Diesel Engines
- JIS D1617 – Automotive Parts – Fuel Filters for Diesel Engines Test Methods
- SAE J905 – Fuel Filter Test Methods Section 4: Filter Capacity & Contaminant Removal Characteristics.
- SAE J1985 – Fuel Filters – Initial Single Pass Efficiency Test Method
- Caterpillar Ultra High Efficiency Filters PEHJ0269
- Barry Verdegan, Abby True-Dahl, William Haberkamp, Norm Blizard, David Genter, and Eric Quillen, Cummins Filtration Inc, Cummins Inc., “Filtration Solutions for HPCR Systems”
- Bosch Diesel Systems Technical Customer Document 0 449 D05 006 – Common Rail – Characteristic data Sheet
- Lydall Filtration and Separation – “Design and Performance of Diesel Fuel Filters”, 7th International Filtration Conference