AXI’s Liqui-Cult Microbial Test Kits are designed to help users monitor the microbial activity within their fuel tank(s). Liqui-Cult accurately quantifies bacterial and fungal growth in water, fuel, oil, and other fluids. Using Liqui-Cult as part of one’s regular fuel maintenance routine can help identify fuel contamination problems before they lead to issues of reliability. The Liqui-Cult kit comes with a pack of ten (10) sealed test bottles and ten (10) syringes.
- Collect a fuel sample in a clean, dry container.
- Remove the center seal from the metal cap of a test bottle. Unwrap the syringe, remove the needle guard, and insert the needle into the fuel sample. Draw the plunger and fill the syringe with 5CC of fuel.
- Insert the needle through the rubber cap on the bottle and inject the sample into the test bottle. Remove the needle from the bottle, replace the needle guard, and discard the syringe according to local, state, and federal guidelines. Shake the test bottle vigorously to mix.
- Incubate the bottle at room temperature 68°-75°F (20°-24°C) for 30 hours. Protect from light. Do not refrigerate.
- After 30 hours, inspect the test bottle for bacterial growth. Use the image below for reference.
- At 72 hours, Inspect the test bottle for fungal growth. Use the image below for reference.
- Once you complete your inspection, fill the bottle with bleach under a fume hood and let it stand for 24 hours. Discard in an appropriate manner.
After 30 hours, compare the color density of the sample bottle to this color chart.
After 72 hours, compare the color density of the sample bottle to this color chart.